Prep for Prep
OUR PROGRAM: Prep for Prep develops ethical and effective leaders through building the foundation for leadership success for students of color. Admitted students gain life-changing experiences including:
- a free 14-month intensive academic program
- placement in top independent schools throughout NYC or boarding schools across the Northeast
- devoted academic advisors
- leadership development and professional advancement opportunities
- college guidance
- access to a vast and supportive alumni network
If you are an inquisitive, high-achieving 5th, 6th, or 7th grade student looking to join a community of like-minded peers, we encourage you to apply at www.prepforprep.org/apply. We look forward to meeting you and working with your family during the admissions process.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA: Prep for Prep has two programs for admission: Prep is the division for 5th and 6th grade applicants to prepare for eventual placement in independent day schools in NYC, and PREP 9 is for 7th grade applicants for eventual placement into boarding schools in the Northeast. Students must:
- currently attend a public or parochial school
- reside in New York City or its surrounding metropolitan areas
- have recent academic year report cards and testing scores in the 90th percentile
We understand this is a challenging year for many families and schools, so we also look at essays, interviews, teacher recommendations, and other materials to better understand the whole child beyond the classroom. Our team is available to answer your questions and help you through the application process! For more on eligibility requirements or to seek a borough-based admissions officer for help, visit us at www.prepforprep.org/admissions.
Future leaders, begin your application to Prep for Prep today.