17 Dec Renovated Discovery Centre for Children Re-Opens
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s Prospect Park Zoo has re-opened its popular Discovery Center following extensive renovations that include the addition of several nature-themed learning areas for children and families.
The redesigned space includes:
- A campsite where parents and children can read nature books
- Activity boxes for children to explore nature and wildlife items with magnifying glasses
- A woodland stage with puppets and costumes for kids to perform their own wildlife plays
- An area where kids can make their own animal-themed magnetic tangram puzzles
- An area just for tots to play with foam blocks and stuffed animals
The new Discovery Center maintains several of the popular activity areas that zoo-goers have enjoyed in the past including the striped mice, great horned owl, and mud turtle exhibits, as well as the zoo vet center for kids and the scoop on poop exhibit.
The Prospect Park Zoo’s Discovery Center is open on weekends from 11am to 3pm. During the week school groups, play groups, and camps can reserve a private visit for up to 35 people for $150. Price includes the cost of zoo admission and an educational live animal encounter. The Discovery Center is also available for birthday parties for kids ages 2 to 8.
For more information or to book a private visit, call 718-399-7327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org