23 Jun NYC Kids Can Learn to Swim this Summer
Learning how to swim improves your health and fitness, keeps you safe in and around the water and prevents drowning. To help teach New Yorkers to swim, NYC Parks is offering free swimming lessons for people of all ages at their outdoor pools this summer.
They offer summer Learn to Swim classes for tots (1 1/2 – 5 years old), children (6 – 17 years old), and adults (18 years old or older). They also offer adult water aerobics classes, a great shallow water workout to keep cool during the summer.
- Session I: July 7 through July 21
- Session II: July 23 through August 6
- Session III: August 10 through August 21
How to Register
Registration for all Learn to Swim and water aerobics classes will be held through an online lottery. Lottery registration will begin at 4:00 a.m. on Monday, June 15, and will end at noon on Sunday, June 28 for Session I, noon on Monday, July 13 for Session II, and noon on Monday, August 3 for Session III.
- You or your child may only register for one class per session.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please reach out to a nearby Computer Resource Center, and ask for its hours.
- We will email the results of the lottery to you no later than Tuesday, June 30 for Session I, Wednesday, July 15 for Session II, and Wednesday, August 5 for Session III.
- If you or your children are not selected in the online lottery, you will be placed on a waiting list for this program, and will be called if a slot becomes available. They are not able to tell you your current place on the waiting list.